- 3 Cups Gluten free self-raising mix
- 3 Cups Spelt flour
- 1 Cup Flaxseed flour
- 1 Cup Rolled oats
- 1 Cup Almond flour
- 15ml baking powder
- 5 ml cinnamon
- 2 tsp salt
- ½ cup pitted dates chopped
- 250g Eat naked honey
- 250g Coconut oil
- 250g Eat naked peanut butter
- 5 ml vanilla
- 1 ½ cup coconut shavings
- 1 cup mixed sunflower and pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup chopped nuts (any nuts of your choice) hazelnuts, almonds, pecans)
- Toast coconut shavings, nuts and seeds in dry pan until golden brown.
- Place oil, honey, nut butter and vanilla in saucepan and heat until melted, cool down for a few minutes
- Mix dry ingredients together and stir through.
- Add the nuts and seed mixture.
- Make a well in the centre and add the melted honey mixture.
- Stir until dough forms.
- Press in a 40cm x 40cm pan and cut in rectangles.
- Bake in the oven for 30-45 minutes on 180°C until golden brown.
- Leave to cool down and take apart.
- Dry in a warm oven overnight.
Recipe by VIP Ankie Niesing from Wooden spoon Kitchen