- 2 tbsp Ground Flax + 5 tbsp Water
- 1 cup Oats, blended into flour
- ¼ cup Cacao Powder
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¾ cup Non-Dairy Milk
- ¾ cup Natural Peanut Butter, plus more for drizzle (Optional)
- ¾ cup Coconut Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ⅔ cup Dairy Free Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree celsius. Combine the Ground Flax and water together in a small bowl, and set aside to let thicken for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, add the Oat Flour, Cacao Powder, Baking Powder, and Salt in a large bowl and whisk until well-combined. Form a well in the centre of the bowl, then add in the Non-Dairy Milk, Peanut Butter, Coconut Sugar, Vanilla Extract, and thickened Flax Egg. Mix until a thick batter forms, then fold in the Chocolate Chips.
- Pour the batter into a greased or lined 9×9″ baking tin and spread it around evenly with a spatula. If you’d like to make a Peanut Butter swirl, spread a thick drizzle/”dollop” of nut butter around the top of the batter, then use a butter knife to swirl everything around.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, then let cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes before removing. Transfer to a cooling rack and let cool completely before slicing. Store any leftovers in a container with a loose-fitting lid at room temperature for up to 5 days.