Adapted from a much-loved recipe (best made using Eat Naked honey & nut butter)
- 115 g stoneground buckwheat flour
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp ground cardamom
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 40 g sunflower seeds, ground
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup Eat Naked Honey
- 2 Tbsp Eat Naked Peanut Butter
- 40 g good quality dark chocolate, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 180˚C. Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Mix together the buckwheat flour, ground sunflower seeds, cardamom, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt in a medium mixing bowl.
- In a separate little bowl mix together the olive oil, honey, and peanut butter. Whisk together to make a paste.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredient bowl, and fold until just combined. Add in the chopped dark chocolate.
- Cover the bowl and rest in the fridge for 10-15 minutes. When ready, scoop out the mixture using a tablespoon and roll into small balls. Place onto the baking tray and press down lightly to flatten.
- Bake for 10 minutes (rotating the tray after 5 minutes), until the cookies are browned. When done remove from the oven and allow to cool completely. The cookies will harden up as they cool down.
- Eat immediately, or store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Credit for this recipe goes to VIP Kirstin Mapstone.